[Noisebridge-discuss] help glass door closed

Rachel Lyra Hospodar rachel at fernworks.net
Wed Jun 9 10:54:21 UTC 2010

if there is a dedicated key that stays in the space, is there anything
it can be used for besides locking oneself in, and making sure that the
key itself isn't lost to the winds of time?  i recognize the inherent
wisdom in doing this, but it would not have solved our problem this evening.

i would guess, anecdotally, that fire code tells us this door must
remain unlocked when the building is occupied unless it has a crash bar
installed on the inside.  Regardless i like the idea of replacing the
inner lock with a twist-knob, in case we need to lock it fast against a
herd of zombies.

next time i am in the neighborhood in the daytime i will try to get a
more accurate estimate for some various options from the awesome nearby
locksmith.  Just noticing all the lockpicking stuff on the NB wiki, do
any of those people know how hard it would be to open up and maybe clean
out the locks ourselves?

R.