[Noisebridge-discuss] help glass door closed

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Jun 9 16:40:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 08:24:06AM -0700, Jonathan Foote wrote:
> What? You can get locked *in*?

The main door -- the one we always use -- can be locked such that it's
not possible to open without a key.  (Or destroying the wall / door.)

If the main door is locked there are three other exits:

 - the fire escape ladder
 - the south stairwell (we haven't tested this recently, and can be
   blocked by produce stored by the first floor tenants; the exit door
   is supposed to be openable from the inside.)
 - up to the roof and over to another building.

> If so that's a clear violation of fire codes, and the landlord is
> legally responsible for fixing it, or at least paying to fix it,
> right?

There are hundreds of buildings in the mission which are locked at night
using metal gates.  That's basically the same scenario, no?

I'd like to see a fix for this problem.  The existing physical security
at 2169 is a big problem, and we've had projects in the past to improve
the situation but AFAIK none of those are still active.

-andy