[Noisebridge-discuss] Fundraising and membership at NB

Hephaestus hephaestus at antipunk.net
Fri Jun 18 22:55:59 UTC 2010

I agree that we should simplify the membership process, and next week,
when i'm officially a member, i'll propose it. There's no reason to
make people wait 4 weeks before they can start giving us money to call
themselves a 'member' at noisebridge. Especially since there's no
functional difference between a paying 'member' and a nonpaying random
hacker who wants to use the space for free...

People don't /like/ 'donations'... Even if it's just for a membership
card and a sense of belonging, people will be much more willing to
drop $20 after a 5MoF to become an 'affiliate member' rather than drop
$20 in the donation box as they leave. Besides, it gives people a
financial obligation, err i mean excuse, to come back to the space and
contribute.

--
Hephaestus