[Noisebridge-discuss] Fundraising and membership at NB

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Jun 19 10:31:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally don't see
> any reason why an organization such as ours needs to mechanically follow
> such a rigid procedure.

IIRC, the concern voiced against allowing this was that it would
quickly turn into a de facto situation where *not* fast-tracking
someone was implicitly a negative decision about them.

Given that decisions seem to currently be made on the basis of "they
seem cool enough" I don't really see much point in having such a
strict membership policy in the first place... except for the inherent
problem that consensus does not scale or tolerate trolling / obstinacy
well. I suspect that if this were not an issue, having more open
membership would not be either.

- Sai