[Noisebridge-discuss] My pants got pwned @ 5MoF

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 08:19:27 UTC 2010

You know, that's a really impressive technical feat!  It's HARD to burn
stuff with lasers to that precision.  I mean, they got the all the way
through the depth of your jeans and not your boxers?  Astonishing!  And
really straight lines with little chamfers at the edges?  Fantastic!  That
would have to mean something on the order of a CNC driver, which would put
us most of the way to that laser cutter we've always dreamed of, only
operating in the wild where it can be pointed at someone's ass.

I certainly hope the person who did this with lasers comes forward so we can
all learn the techniques he used and maybe they could donate it to the space
so we could stop all the worrying we've been doing about getting one in.
 Although I'm concerned about the safety mechanisms this method may have in
place.  You could put an eye out with that thing.

I'm sure we can work something out for your jeans.  Personally, I'd save
them as a memento of something that cool being done.  Of course, this is all
assuming that someone actually deliberately burned that and you didn't just
sit on or back into something hot.

Christie
_______
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
-- Albert Einstein