[Noisebridge-discuss] HTC or Moto android?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Wed Jun 30 18:29:27 UTC 2010

For what it is worth, Motorola announced that they will have an nVidia Tegra
equipped, "2GHz" (probably dual core 1GHz) phone by December.  HDMI out,
full 1080p video acceleration, and other pie-that-is-in-the-sky bullshit.
They are suggesting that the days of laptops are numbered, yadda yadda
yadda.  Still, for people not convinced that a tablet is the answer, but
think a phone dockable to a keyboard and a monitor is, then maybe such a
beast doesn't sound like shitty battery life waiting to happen.

Yeah, I want one.  Sue me.

In their defence, they are using a 40nm process where others are using a
45nm process.  So, potentially, all other things being equal, this MAY have
comparable, if not better, power consumption than the A4 CPU and others.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Jeff Tchang <jeff.tchang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Droid 2 doesn't have a slide out keyboard does it?
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Ryan Castellucci
> <ryan.castellucci at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Personally, I'm waiting for the Droid 2 to come out, mostly because i
> > want a slide out keyboard.
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Castellucci http://ryanc.org/

 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █ ▄▄▄ █ ▄  ▄▄▄▀▄  ▀▄▀ ▄▀█ █ ▄▄▄ █
 █ ███ █ ██▄█▀█▀▄▄█ ▄▄▄▀ █ █ ███ █
 █▄▄▄▄▄█ ▄▀▄ ▄▀▄ █ █▀▄ ▄ ▄ █▄▄▄▄▄█
 ▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▀ ▀▀ ▄▀ ██  ▄▀█ ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄
 ▀▀ ▀▄▄▄█▀▀ █▄█  █ ▄▀█▀ █  █▀ ▄▀ █
  █ ▄▀▀▄█▄▄  ▄██▄▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ █▄▀▄▀▀
 █ █▄█ ▄▄█▀▀ ▀▄▄▀█▀▄█▄█  ▀██ ▄▄▀▀
 ▄█▀▀ ▄▄▀ █▄▄ ▄█   ▄▄▄█ ▄▀█▄▄▄██▀▄
Success is a tasty spirit distilled from bitter failure
- Corey Sean McGuire