[Noisebridge-discuss] Payload recovery mission

Charles Collicutt charles at collicutt.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 19:19:45 UTC 2010

Glen,

> What other gear do you expect us to need (other than rope/climbing gear)?

I would have thought that a backpack and perhaps a couple of bungee cords
would be all that we need to carry the payload. It isn't heavy.

Do we expect to have to do real climbing, as opposed to just
scrambling/bouldering? I would want proper climbing gear if we're going to do
that: i.e. harnesses, climbing rope, carabiners, belay devices and other
expensive things that I don't own. However, I don't think we're actually
going to have to do that, are we?

As long as we have plenty of water, hiking food and some means of summoning
help if necessary - e.g. cell phone, radio, flashlight - we should be fine.
Oh, and a map. Maps are good.

--
Charles

"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more
closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach
their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a
downright moron."
    -- H. L. Mencken, 1920