[Noisebridge-discuss] G1 serial interface : I failed at making it work.

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Mar 6 15:34:04 UTC 2010

hi,
First I'm sorry if it's the wrong list but the "G1 serial interface
incantation" thread was posted in this list.

So here's my problem
I saw that in the noisebridge wiki:
> _____________
> | A B C D E |
> \1 2 3 4 5 6|
>
> A: GND
> B: NC
> C: +DATA
> D: -DATA
> E: +5v
>
> 1: +Mic
> 2: +Right
> 3: Switch / Rx (2.8V, CMOS-TTL Level) / CABLE_IN2
> 4: GND / Tx (2.8V, CMOS-TTL Level) / CABLE_IN1
> 5: GND (Serial GND, 0 Ohms resistance between this and pin A)
> 6: +Left
here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisedroid/FAQ

And between
*pin 3 and 5
*pin 4 and 5
there isn't 2.8V but something that is less than 1v

Also:
shorting pin 3 and 4 doesn't output what I input in the following script(running on the phone):
#! /bin/sh
microcom -t 10000 -s 115200 /dev/ttyMSM2

Here's my setup:
I took an audio cable,unsoldered things,removed some plastic and now I've access to pin 1 to 6 and some other pins(like pin A but trough a pcb)
I've tried to connect it to my working max3232 that uses 2.8V with a LM317T from a 9v battery but obviously it was not working.
I've a rooted carrier phone(htcdream/G1)

Software wise I have the following kenrel configuration:
Enabled:
SERIAL_MSM
SERIAL_MSM_CONSOLE
Disabled:
MSM_SERIAL_DEBUGGER
HTC_HEADSET

I really want serial...it's for having a serial console or kgdb.

Denis.