[Noisebridge-discuss] Obscura Day

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 18:39:35 UTC 2010

http://atlasobscura.com/obscura-day

This is the coolest distributed event I've seen in a long while, I
really enjoyed reading about all the strange places that are opening up
for a day.  Lost subway tunnels of Brooklyn, Iceland Phallological
Museum, Mentalists Curio collection in Toronto, a Tesla Museum, the
Japanese art of "shiny mud balls" (you can't make this stuff up!),
ringing "rock" concert (using actual rocks), two block "art" project in
Detroit, underground salt museum, etc...

San Francisco: Musee Mecanique and the Tombstones at Aquatic Park

Join Atlas Obscura editors for an afternoon excursion to the amazing
Musee Mecanique for an afternoon of wind-up fortune tellers,
prisoner-made toothpick automata, and naughty peep shows of yesteryear.
Proprietor Dan Zelinsky will be on hand to tell stories and answer
questions about his collection of nickelodeon contraptions. When all the
quarters run out, we'll head down to Aquatic Park for afternoon snacks
on the terraces made of discarded Gold Rush era tombstones.

We should try to get noisebridge into the atlas obscura, we could
mention the old EEG machine, the mooninite, the noisetable, etc...

Eric