[Noisebridge-discuss] Build with Us At Maker Faire: Detroit!

Jim Burke jim at pumpingstationone.org
Tue Mar 23 05:31:38 UTC 2010

Hello!

My name is Jim Burke.  I'm a Director-at-Large of Pumping Station:One, a
hackerspace in Chicago, Illinois.

We are hosting an inter-hackerspace event called the Power Racing Series
(PPPRS) at Maker Faire: Detroit on July 31st and August 1st, 2010. This
event consists of hackerspaces from around North America heavily modifying
Power Wheels ride-on toys to compete in a series of events that include a
race, a soccer match, a tug-of-war, and a special surprise finale. Teams
will be asked to make their vehicles capable of achieving all these tasks.

This event is part of a larger event called the Hackathlon. Imagine a
pot-luck where hackerspaces submit and organize events for other
hackerspaces to compete in. The Hackathlon will be a hackerspace olympiad,
in which members of all hackerspaces at Maker Faire: Detroit can meet
together in friendly, face-to-face competition to share their creations and
skills.

Attached is our PPPRS Team Packet with information about rules, resources,
and deadlines. You can visit our website www.powerracingseries.org to read
more information about PPPRS, and to sign up.

If you have any questions about PPPRS or the Hackathlon, please get in touch
with me at burkedesign at gmail.com.

Happy Hacking,
Jim Burke