[Noisebridge-discuss] Yuri's meeting TONIGHT after meeting

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:26:07 UTC 2010

tonight, 3/23, after the meeting (though i will also be there before) I'll
be meeting with people to figure out the logisitics. Im going to email a
friend who is a rigger, talk with an engineer, etc.
spykee: its a neat little robot, but there's a lot on there we simply don't
need that will be taking up payload. Also, we should remember that this is a
low light situation.
we'll talk about it tonight. in case you dont know me, ill be the one who
looked like they had a 20 hour workday yesterday and then had 5 hours of
sleep.
Meredith
also, if you KNOW you are going to help but CANNOT be at the meeting, let me
know asap!
AND NO, i don't know how many tickets we're getting. word on the street is
next to nothing.
mer

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com>wrote:

> A lot of us will be there Tuesday again to work on things that need to be
> done before our next launch on Saturday.  It would probably be a good time
> to get together (probably after the meeting) and talk about stuff.
>
> I like the idea of the concrete stuff for anchors, although I suspect
> they're more worried about the tethers themselves.  Do you know where we
> could borrow something like that?  We'd definitely want to give it back when
> we're done.
>
> Christie
> _______
> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
> scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
>
> The outer bounds is only the beginning.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/
>

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Meredith Scheff <satiredun at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We aren't going to be tethering that high. Really, want we want to see
>> happen is just high enough to get a goof view of the outside area while
>> still having some detail of it. Nicolai and I were assuming about 75 feet or
>> so.
>> I'd like to have a meeting with all involved sometime this week- either
>> tomorow before or after the NB meeting, or Thursday.
>> This includes not only those associated with the balloon, but also what to
>> go in the NB booth. I'd like to see some more clearly defined projects than
>> have been at Maker Faire or Robogames.
>> Meredith
>>

>> Drawing and making
>>
>> On Mar 22, 2010, at 1:07 AM, Gian Pablo Villamil <gian.pablo at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> There is a somewhat active hacker community around Spykee, and there have
>> been some very successful hacks using the user-controllable LEDs to control
>> pan and tilt controls. The Spykee iPhone app is open source, lots of useful
>> info there.
>>

>> On Mar 22, 2010, at 6:18 AM, Christie Dudley < <longobord at gmail.com>
>> longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have the Spykee in hand and I am fairly confident that modifications can
>> be made.  That's what we do, after all.  Your ideas sound pretty neat.
>>  Since Meredith is taking the point on getting us in there, I think that
>> part should be covered.
>>
>> We probably will need a better antenna.  I don't know of Jonathan Moore
>> has been keeping up on this discussion or not, but he's mentioned on several
>> occasions, he's got this angle covered.  We probably should revisit this
>> more seriously after the launch.
>>
>> If I recall, we could have 15lbs of lift with this thing fully inflated.
>>  Our weight restrictions with regular launches have more to do with FAA
>> regulation than concerns about lift.  I think it's a bigger concern as to
>> how this thing will be anchored.  (With only 15 lbs, it's not hard to make
>> that argument.)
>>
>> Christie
>> _______
> [...]

doing stuff and making things
---
"A traveler. I love his title. A traveler is to be reverenced as such. His
profession is the best symbol of our life. Going from - toward; it is the
history of every one of us. It is a great art to saunter." -Henry David
Thoreau