[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Executive Director

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:20:59 UTC 2010

"You should really figure out how to properly quote email."

looked like it worked for me. the text shows up purple rather than black.

"the process that many of us thought was doing just
fine (consensing on Mitch because he's the best candidate for the job)
apparently has failed.  We should figure out a solution to that problem."

the thing is this isn't just a normal round of consensus that went awry.
this is a situation where the thing we're trying to make a consensus on is
categorically different than what we generally use the process for.

i donno where you got the idea that i'm trying to say consensus (as a whole)
is broken. i'm simply stating that consensus, when it concerns a multiple
choice problem, is insufficient to deal with making a choice people can feel
happy about. i mean, you can still use consensus if you wish but it's
needlessly complicated to do so when there are other methods out there that
could handle the situation better. I still advocate for consensus when it's
a big enough issue and it's a 'yes or no' problem. remember that consensus,
like all other methods, is a tool among many and it's good at some things
and bad at others. Know when to use what tools at what time. I certainly
don't use a hammer to cut things in half nor do i use a saw to shape metal.
:)

--
Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.