[Noisebridge-discuss] Interested in a PyCon Unconference Event?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sat Mar 6 20:27:53 UTC 2010

> Ouch, communication failure. I think, if memories serve well, that what was
> being joked about was the failure to copy the standard meeting template for
> that day's meeting notes beforehand, so "there was no meeting, only Zuul."
> See Ghostbusters for reference.

Yes, that's the one!  Zuul.. I'm sorry I didn't remember the reference
exactly. I think I need to make some popcorn, grab some marshmallows and
make video time to watch some Ghost Busters.

I remember looking up the meeting on the Wiki to see what time it would be
held -- I came straight after work. And, instead, I saw the note that the
was no meeting (only Zuul).

> Glen, please go ahead and reapply for membership consensus by putting your
> name on the agenda for the next meeting.

Okay :)

> Also, Hello, people who sponsored Glen? You could have been aware of this /
> cared enough about Glen's eligibility enough to straighten this out, eh?  :P

Honestly, I don't think I told them - they wouldn't have known. Instead
of complaining or causing drama, I just kept coming to Monday night hardware
hacking, talking to people and having fun. No one seems to mind :)

I admit my feelings were a little hurt when I came home and saw in email
that there was a meeting after-all. But, I know that in our situation it was
never personal or intentional. And, also, one has to have a little bit
thicker skin in this environment because there's a larger variety of people
here with different sensibilities. What is hurtful to one is just completely
innocent humor to another.

I can't come on Monday nights right now because I have Unix Certification
classes on Monday evenings. That's a shame because I still have a very cool
unfinished sensebridge project that needs some solder and elbow grease :)

Regardless, thank you for your support and getting me back on the right path
to membership :)

Cheers,

Glen