[Noisebridge-discuss] Where's the red payphone?

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 04:16:19 UTC 2010

kinda off topic but is there any way to get a number for the red phone via
VOIP that doesn't require an extension to be dialed to actually call the
space? if it wasn't for someone telling me about the extension i would have
never have known about it  because i can't understand a word of that Hawking
robot voice that you get when you call the phone. plus it'd be nice to be
able to add the number to my phones contact list without placing a note
somewhere that after i call it i need to punch in more numbers.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Ani Niow <v at oneletterwonder.com> wrote:

> Sure. The number that previously went to the payphone still works and
> is hooked up to a Cisco VoIP phone presently and has been for several
> months. The phone booth will make it's way back to Noisebridge  at
> least for our Maker Faire exhibition.
>
> On this subject if anyone wants to help out with the project, namely
> getting a permanent computer setup that would be great. Contact me for
> details.
>

> -Ani
>

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>
> wrote:
> > Ani Niow writes:
> >
> >> The red payphone has indeed been repurposed. It wasn't working when I
> >> was getting it set up and had to do some soldering to get it to
> >> function. Figured the thing was sitting unused for several months, may
> >> as well do something productive with it.
> >
> > Awesome!  Can you bring it back to Noisebridge someday?
> >
> > A lot of stuff on the wiki encourages people to call the payphone,
> > something that I think has never been practical (because we never got a
> > ringer inside of it).  But I think it would be great if it were
> > practical eventually.
> >
> > --
> > Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
> >     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ <http://www.loyalty.org/%7Eschoen/>  | un tigre, reflexioné.
> >     http://vitanuova.loyalty.org/     |            -- Borges, El Zahir

Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.