[Noisebridge-discuss] eZ430 Chronos

dpc weasel at meer.net
Fri Mar 19 19:32:24 UTC 2010

Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> writes:

> I also have vague ideas for smart-dust-style devices to build, but
> find the idea of soldering tiny 0.5mm pitch devices into
> quarter-inch-diameter enclosures faintly daunting, and would rather
> attempt it in company, preferably with beer.

the beer doesn't really help :-)

you're talking the pin pitch though? as long as the pins are exposed (as
opposed to tucked under the package) it isn't too hard to tack lines
in. the 'hard' part was making sure the lines were stress relieved
enough so that they didn't break off randomly.

\p

---
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down -- That's not my
department. - Werner von Braun