[Noisebridge-discuss] Binocular microscope

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Mar 19 21:04:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:34:48PM -0700, dpc wrote:
> > I can donate $50 towards a NB stereo scope suitable for fine circuit
> > work.  Anybody else interested in contributing?  And, who can organize
> > the purchase -- I'm too busy until April.
>
> i'd go in on one of those.
>
> is the one from your link 'good enough'? i've never really gotten to
> touch/use the scopes at work to know what to look for, but would be
> happy to take care of the purchase/etc.

There's a bit of a risk in buying any scope -- the internal optics can
make or break the setup, and you can't really test them until you're in
the same room.  That said, we don't need ultimate quality (a mediocre
scope will do us just fine) and the reputable shops are pretty good
about QC before shipping.

So yeah, I'd be fine with some 'good enough' scope from one of the
established ebay sellers.

-andy