[Noisebridge-discuss] Shapelock - Finalizing order

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Mar 19 23:19:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 02:50:38PM -0700, Corey McGuire wrote:
> I need to set up an account with Tri-Iso for Noisebridge and they have
> several questions regarding Noisebridge.  This begs the question, should I
> be performing this purchase as Noisebridge or as myself?

This is precisely the sort of thing that we decided to set up a
corporation for. :)

> I think having an
> account at Tri-Iso, which is a large distributor of chemicals, might be a
> good thing for Noisebridge.

Agreed.

> Also, there will be CA sales tax.  UGH!  Because we are not a reseller, we
> will be taxed.  So, I am going to need to bump the price up AGAIN.  We're
> looking at 16 bucks a KG. *headdesk*.

Yep, that's expected (and unfortunate).

> I am going to, at this point, ask people to pledge in .5kg increments and
> pledge as if $18 is an acceptable price just in case shipping chargers or
> other unseen charges arise.  I will not bill people until I have something
> awaiting my signature.

Sounds reasonable, my 2kg request still stands.

> *Shipping address and contact info: (??????)*

Shipping address is

Noisebridge
2169 Mission St, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94110-1219

> *Billing and address and contact number: (Corey McGuire, etc.)*
>
> *Accounts payable contact: (Corey McGuire)*

Billing address, contact phone number, etc should be your deets, since
they'll probably want to bill your VISA and the charge will only go
through if it matches your details.

> *Tax EIN number: **(??????)*

Generally they only need this if we're asking them to avoid paying sales
tax (because we're going to resell), but just in case it's 26-3507741.

Thanks for taking the lead on this!

-andy