[Noisebridge-discuss] Why the IRC trolls are still there [drama]

John Menerick john.menerick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 19:17:55 UTC 2010

Really?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?  You think this or are you pulling my chain?

> "...Rubin and Leif do not use IRC securely. It is not safe to give them
> channel founder status because of this fact. When both of them have a
> secure channel of communication, not from an easy to own box, that they
> identify to the ChanServ, I'm sure someone will give them +F..."

What Jake wrote sounds reasonable and excellent to me.  I wouldn't want operator running around willy nilly, passing credentials to and fro in clear text.  In addition, he doesn't want to deal with it anymore.  "I've cleared the channel and given founder status to Andy..."  Have you heard of trust-based relationships?  I wouldn't expect him to give IRC to me nor other peeps.  He has moved on.  So should you.