[Noisebridge-discuss] Binocular microscope

dpc weasel at meer.net
Thu Mar 25 20:22:53 UTC 2010

Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:46:01AM -0700, dpc wrote:
>> i admit to not having great ebay/search skills, but the main difference
>> in the scopes in this price range seems to be boom vs 'small-ish'
>> platform. platform is cheaper but would limit the size of the board one
>> could work on.
>
> The boom is very necessary for board work, the platform designs really
> get in the way.

ok. that's sort of what i was thinking, but i've not put in a bunch of
time w/ either so didn't want to colour anyone's opinion.

> The best setup I ever used had an articulated spring-loaded arm, but
> that cost almost as much as the scopes we're looking at.

there's one i see everytime i've been to hsc (~1500usd). i keep wanting
to make an offer, but don't want to piss anyone off too much.

anyway, if people who were interested in chipping in would just let me
know (or paypal me weasel at meer.net), i'll cover the rest/arrange for
shipping/etc on one of the boom-ish ones like andy had in his original mail.

\p
---
It's like the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer -- the
taste. - Hans Aberg (c.s.c.)