[Noisebridge-discuss] Having an "unemployed employer" for insurance purposes

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 06:32:34 UTC 2010

As an eBay Powerseller ... I can get insurance through eBay.   Sort of
the same thing.  Meg Whitman set it up a while ago, and it follows the
logic exactly.

$5 copay on most common drugs
$10 on generics
$30 on name brand
$50 on "specialized" (aka, cancer drugs and whatnot)

80/20 with either $1k, $2.5k or $5k max deductible per hospital stay,
$1M lifetime max

It's PPO, not HMO, but pretty darned good for just selling stuff on a website...

-Martin