[Noisebridge-discuss] Why the IRC trolls are still there [drama]

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Fri Mar 26 20:28:36 UTC 2010

On 3/26/10 1:19 PM, Ani Niow wrote:
> It seems like you know a bit more about the processes with Freenode
> than I do, would you have any suggestions beyond what you've said
> already to help secure the channel with owners that actually care
> about it?

Yes.  The NB board should write an official letter to the Freenode
board, in which they:
a) identify themselves
b) identify 3 individuals to be channel owners
c) explain the current #noisebridge channel situation and Jake's absence
d) request that the #noisebridge channel be assigned to these 3 people
and registered as an official channel

Given that Freenode is an overworked non-profit, I would also suggest
that we make a small donation (like $40 or $50) towards its maintenance
since we'll be using *their* time.

Also, note that the matter will probably wait until the next Freenode
monthly board meeting to resolve.  There's been too many issues over
channel hijacking for them to risk rushing a resolution.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.