[Noisebridge-discuss] Should the NB board take action wrt IRC?

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Sat Mar 27 17:56:23 UTC 2010

I move that we put aestetix here as our group contact with freenode.

It makes him +F in the channel, and they're who freenode will regard
as the person in charge of the channel.
Thus, it won't be the board, or anyone on the board.  (I'm not being
sarcastic with this suggestion)

Also, I want to quickly point out what Ani said earlier, that seems to
have gone unnoticed:
> In talking with one of the admins however, the point was brought up
> that they couldn't process requests from two different people. A bit
> confused, I inquired further. The name of the person who submitted
> #noisebridge for registration wouldn't be revealed but I did find out
> it happened over 6 months ago. I ended up rescinding my submission
> after learning this.

Someone else has already registered Noisebridge as a group.  They
apparently won't tell us who... but just want to point to this so
people see it.  This wasn't an act that was approved by the
membership, or announced as something someone did on our behalf.
I think it's a good idea for us to figure out who is claiming to speak
for us secretly for over 6 months..

Jeffrey