[Noisebridge-discuss] volunteers needed for the Hardware Hacking Area at the Maker Faire

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 09:55:12 UTC 2010

Hey Everyone,

The San Francisco Maker Faire is coming up on the 22nd and 23rd of May.  It will be the biggest and the best one yet!

This year I'll again be setting up a huge Hardware Hacking Area, where we'll be teaching anyone and everyone how to solder and how to make cool things!

To make it work, I need lots of cool volunteers.  Lots of people have already signed up, but there are a few more shifts available.

No experience necessary.  Everyone is welcome to volunteer.

If you volunteer for a 4-hour shift, you get a free pass for the entire two days of the Maker Faire!  And you get to have a lot of fun helping people make cool things!

If you are interested, please see the page on the Noisebridge wiki for more info, and to sign up:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Maker_Faire_2010_HHA

If you can find the time, it will be way helpful if you come to one of the two training sessions I will be giving.

Saturday, 15-May, 1pm -- at Noisebridge
Wednesday, 19-May, 8pm -- at Noisebridge
Both sessions will be the same. In each session I will:

give the big picture of how the Hardware Hacking Area will work
discuss the various tasks that need to be filled at the HHA
show you how I teach people to solder
give you a kit (for free!) to make that you can take home with you
answer any questions you may have
ask for your input to help make the HHA way cooler

If there is a time you would like to volunteer but there is no open slot for it on the wiki page, please email me and we'll make it work out.

Cheers,

Mitch.