[Noisebridge-discuss] WPA ant other network Q's

Geoff Horne horne at slc.com.au
Fri May 28 00:45:08 UTC 2010

I was just reading over the wiki and the network layout...

Stop me if this has all be discussed before, but i couldn't find anything
in the archives. (but feel free to point me to refs)

2 questions :

1) why isn't WPA enabled for the wireless, surely that will help with
   some of the paranoia

2) why is gorilla switched through switch2.noise ? you have a single point
   of failure there. (the same applies to r00ter)

other questions come to mind, i'm just curious who built and maintains the
network.

in, fact, since i'm digging around, here they are.

- neither gorilla or r00ter are on a PDU, powercycling those
  bad monkeys could be an interesting exercise

- the the traffic seems to be routing through gorilla, and r00ter is
  just acting as a DNS/DHCP server.

- DNS results are probably coming via sonic, even tough traffic is going
  via monkeybrains.