[Noisebridge-discuss] flogging the expired laser printer equine

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Fri May 14 23:11:20 UTC 2010

Hey folks, just searched the archives to see if anyone talked about laser
engraving on the list, and lo, look what thread is live!

I have heard nasty things about off brand laser engravers, nothing from
recent enough memory to regurgitate it, though "burns out quickly if
constantly used at full duty cycle too frequently" comes to mind, which
stands to reason and is completely understandable (and applies to Epilogs as
well.)

I have tons of experience with Epilog, but that's the easy answer and stinks
of "No one gets fired for buying IBM."  I taught laser engraving at
Techshop, including document authoring and DIY Valentines Chocolate classes
(nummy!)

I am highly interested in helping out here.  I am certain that this will
become the most popular machine in the building.  Anybody wanna get together
and talk about laser engravers? I have some contact with a vendor that sells
engravers, new.  I was helping a friend shop for an Epilog Zing.