[Noisebridge-discuss] Need a JavaScript Atari 2600 Emulator

dpc weasel at meer.net
Sun May 23 17:32:49 UTC 2010

Alex Handy <alexhandy at gmail.com> writes:

> There is already a NES emulator written in JavaScript:
> http://benfirshman.com/projects/jsnes/ and I also managed to find a
> 6502 compiler/emulator written in JavaScript http://www.6502asm.com/
>
> I thought I'd ask if anyone at Noisebridge would be interested in
> working on building a JavaScript-based 2600 emulator. It's no simple
> task, but I figure if any group of nerds would be interested, it'd be
> the NB nerds.

at least, most of the emulation work has been done. i;ve played games on
stella, and v26 is supposed to work ok too.

anyway, i don't know any javascript so can't really be of help (except
to write 'crappy, i'm learning so can't write idiomatic/good js' :-)

\p

---
The waters are rising, but so am I. I am not going under but over. Do
not be concerned about dying; go on living well, the dying will be
right. - Catherine Booth