[Noisebridge-discuss] Need a JavaScript Atari 2600 Emulator

Alex Handy alexhandy at gmail.com
Sun May 23 04:36:42 UTC 2010

The Atari 2600 did have to play with some old ass TV standards, but I think one of the weird bits you're referring to is the alternating of drawn frames between one layer of graphics and another. The 2600 could only draw so many "sprites" in one frame, so you'd just render two separate frames and switch between them really fast.

The NES emulator I linked in the previous email certainly does this, because the NES did this, too. If you want to start banging your head against it, the NES emulator is up on Git Hub, at http://github.com/bfirsh/jsnes/