[Noisebridge-discuss] surface mount soldering equipment at NB?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Sat May 29 00:54:39 UTC 2010

Anthony* at FLG geex used a teflon pancake griddle last year for the
run of ~100 high output led light controllers used in the Soma
sculpture.  I don't know if they used that for the second more recent
run of smd based light boards.

If the part count and board to run are low in quantity, try using a
regular iron and some rosin paste.  The fine narrow tips for smd
dissipate heat and don't always provide a good purchase to effectively
transfer heat, if you are soldering typical smd parts, one of the
chisel tip xytronix irons should work fine without destroying
components.

-rma