[Noisebridge-discuss] Embedded Linux Group

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Nov 1 00:34:07 UTC 2010

Who wants to join me, Thursday nights, for Embedded Linux explodation?  We'd
primarily be focusing on ARM based platforms, probably Cortex A8 stuff,
specifically.  Beagleboard, Gumstix, Shiva, to start with.  Maybe Cortex M3
if we get ambitious.  Anyone with anything else is free to join, but
depending on the collective focus, you may need to be self sufficient where
your project deviates from Cortex A8 stuff.

I will be there, though I would not classify myself as a guru.  I've gotten
skin deep with this stuff using Buildroot, Open-embedded, Debian/Ubuntu, and
Gentoo.  So this would be a peer group, instead.

I know this would coincide with 5MOF once a month, BUT, I think we could
incorporate 5MOF into our group so those who like to brag about their
project will have one (and, for those overly chatty-catties, ONLY ONE ;-)
session a month to do so.

Once we get a group together, we can discuss focus, and once we have
experience, we can bootstrap newbs, too.

Regardless, I will be there Thursday night, yelling at a beagle until it
starts working the way I want it ;-)

Join me!

P.S. Thursdays are pretty much it, for me.