[Noisebridge-discuss] inbox filters on lists (boxbe etc)

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Nov 15 04:20:43 UTC 2010

After my most recent noisebridge-discuss post, I received this message:

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 07:57:49PM -0800, noreply at boxbe.com wrote:
> Hello Andy Isaacson,
>
> Your message about "Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] A cowboy hat"
> has been waitlisted.
>
> Please add yourself to my Boxbe Guest List so your messages will
> go to my Inbox.
>
> Click the link below to be added:
[snip]

>   Thank you,
[snip email]

I've removed the offending subscriber from noisebridge-discuss, and
Bcc'd them on this message (but of course they won't *get* that Bcc
since they're refusing my email).

There are 587 people subscribed to noisebridge-discuss.  If everyone
used such opt-in inbox filtering, every new poster to the list would
have to click through 500 filter messages.  Opt-in inbox filtering
doesn't scale, so please stop inflicting it on the rest of us.

Thanks,
-andy