[Noisebridge-discuss] DATA VISUALIZATION PROGRAMMERS NEEDED FOR "LIVE CINEMA" PROJECT

Toshi Hoo toshihoo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 23:13:43 UTC 2010

DATA VISUALIZATION PROGRAMMERS NEEDED

Searching for programmers to assist in exciting innovative live
performance project that integrates data visualizations with live
music and immersive video projections.

The current version Bella Gaia was created by my friend Kenji Williams
and is a 45 minute full dome film with live music which Kenji has been
touring the world with. The basic concept is to help our audiences to
experience the "Overview Effect" through an immersive theater/live
music experience. You can see more about the project at www.BellaGaia.com
.

We are in the process of developing the next rev of the project and I
am working on producing some new data visualizations for the show. We
are partnering with some major scientific organizations to develop
visualizations based on their data sets.

I am putting together a small team to do an initial R&D project to
explore what is possible and to build some tools we can use moving
forward. In this phase we will be generating rendered video clips that
will be integrated into our live performance, but I am also very
interested in exploring possibilities for integrating real-time data
streams and live performer interaction.

I am looking to talk with developers who have experience with
Processing or Flash based data viz (and possibly open Frameworks) to
either advise us or do actual development on the project. If you are
interested or know of anyone who might be, please let me know.

We have some organizations who are interested in funding this project
so I am currently working on a proposal that I am hoping to submit in
the next few weeks. I am looking for creative ideas, technical advice,
as well as help with establishing scope for a 10-12 week cycle.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks!

--
Toshi Hoo
Artist / Producer / Director