[Noisebridge-discuss] Job opportunity

Jessica Richman jessica.richman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:05:43 UTC 2010

Hi everyone -- I hope it's okay to send this out to the list -- and I
apologize if not. I know these people and they're doing really awesome
stuff.
-----------------------------------

*SpeakerText* is a SF bay area startup that is solving *novel problems at
the cutting edge of machine learning and human computation.* We are hiring:

- *ML hackers*
-* Web developers*
-* UX designers*

SpeakerText creates interactive video transcripts using a *hybrid of speech
recognition and crowdsourcing*. Our technology makes video searchable on
Google, letting viewers skip directly to the interesting part(s) of a video
and share them with friends.

See our product live:
http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuckerberg-innovation-2009-10

Our web app runs on a Rails/jQuery stack, with our backend speech/ML tech
running Java. We’re looking for extremely hungry, talented engineers who
want to be part of something big that changes both how people use video on
the internet and how work gets done in the 21st Century.

We move fast and we have a blast doing it.

*We* *will compete with existing job offers, including from Google/Facebook*
.

For more info, contact Matt Swanson (Co-Founder/CTO) at m2 at speakertext.com,
tweet @kaelswanson <http://twitter.com/kaelswanson>, call 415.779.5684 or
visit http://speakertext.com.