[Noisebridge-discuss] interesting projects

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Tue Nov 30 20:18:39 UTC 2010

A friend said:

By the way, have you seen http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/technology/ ?
Honestly the only thing on there that currently interests me is the
3D-printed wind turbine, although IMO they've gone a bridge too far trying
to merge in Flax/Hemp reinforced material since that's pretty much the
opposite of the 3D printing processes I'm familiar with. To do something
really disruptive, you'd create a universal blade and power converter kit to
drive a 5HP (~3.7kW) electric motor as a generator since those things
are ubiquitous on eBay and Craigslist under $200 (...)

He then went on to remind me that his marginal (top tier) electrical
costs are six times lower (in TX) than ours.  So it'd be six times more
valuable here than there, and he figures it could pay for itself in a
year down there.
--
Good code works on most inputs; correct code works on all inputs.