[Noisebridge-discuss] call for action - Mr. Salvador/Salvator Dalajlama is back

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Nov 2 20:23:07 UTC 2010

I live in a squat, which is amazingly functional considering how open it
is.  And I can tell you right now that you are not taking this as
seriously as you should.

People are animals, and we forget that when we surround ourselves with
smart hackers.  People will come into noisebridge and make themselves
comfortable, and they won't leave because your pleadings are insignificant
whispers to them compared to the harsh reality of being out on the street.

The other night, I ate something that was in the kitchen of my house and
had been placed out for people to eat.  Halfway through I noticed that it
smelled like it had pot in it, which I hate.  All of my long-term
housemates know not to leave un-labeled pot food out, but it doesn't
really sink in because they can't relate to not wanting to eat pot.

I went out of my room and asked the person who made the food if it had pot
in it.  They said "oh, yeah i guess the chocolate that was in it..."

I screamed and smashed my bowl on the floor and left, leaving them to
clean it up.  I believe that at that moment, they became enlightened.

(ok not enlightened, but they are less likely to ever do that again)

-jake

-------- original mess --------
Is Mr Dalajlama still there? I have a friend who is pretty good at
handling people in that context and is willing to help. Can someone give
me a buzz if they see him there again?