[Noisebridge-discuss] Needed: roomba battery with some life left in it

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Fri Nov 5 19:14:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com> wrote:
> For pack repair
>
> http://www.batteryspace.com/search.aspx?find=roomba&log=false&category=1553
> http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhrechargeablecellscsize12v3300mahflattop1pc.aspx
> http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhrechargeablecellscsize4200mahflattop-30arate1pc.aspx
>
> And the irons at Noisebridge will NOT work.  Hotter irons are required for
> quick work lest batteries get slow roasted.
> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPR36&P=ML
> http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=ubuntu&oe=utf-8&hl=en&q=weller+80+watt&cid=16726202015917404120&ei=ie3TTICaOY6cigTcktDDDQ&sa=title&ved=0CCMQ8wIwCDgA#p

The Weller WMRS should be fine as long as you flux the surfaces
properly first.  When I was building the Li-poly packs it provided
sufficient dT/dt to solder the tabs without resulting in exploding
cells later on.  Don't forget to get some tip tinner if you crank the
WMRS all the way up, I'm pretty sure we're out.