[Noisebridge-discuss] Needed: roomba battery with some life left in it

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Fri Nov 5 20:05:31 UTC 2010

LiPO tabs solder quickly, you can solder those with anything.  When you are
working with cylindrical cells, you have to have an iron with massive tips
to store lots of heat or the cells will suck all the heat out of the iron,
and then you have to wait for the rest of the cell to slowly warm up before
you can make a solder joint.  In the process, you will cook the cell.

The $7 iron is a cheap investment for battery pack repair.