[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 19:21:34 UTC 2010

I've found it increasingly difficult to find a place to hang my bike when I
come into the space.  Yesterday when I left around 11pm the rack was packed,
without nearly enough people in the space to account for them.  Would it be
worthwhile to tag bikes with a date to see when they arrived in the space,
and then get rid of them/hack them if they stick around for more than, say,
2 weeks?  (An idea ripped off from the bike kitchen.)

Regarding people who sleep in the space, we haven't seen any sign of Mr. SDL
recently, have we?  Which would mean that our strategy of just letting
people know that whatever they're doing is unwelcome actually works, with
persistence.  Maybe it's enough to just wake them up, say, "Hey, what's your
name?  Look it's really not cool to sleep here."  Email the list with their
name and tell people to watch out for future infringements, and get
gradually more aggressive if it continues.  Part of the problem may be that
we let it become a problem before we do anything about it.  We should tell
people up front the first time we see them sleeping there that Noisebridge
isn't a hostel.  Not the third or fourth time.

Thanks for the update, Al.

-Rob