[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

Elmar mc.fly Lecher mc.fly at ramdrive.org
Tue Nov 16 10:22:01 UTC 2010

Am 16.11.2010 01:32, schrieb Casey Callendrello:
> On 11/14/2010 12:50 PM, Robert Fletcher wrote:
>> Another, random, passive aggressive idea.  Maybe we should have a
>> sleeper link, the same way we have a door link, so that whenever we
>> see somebody sleeping in the space we can click it and it will blast
>> some jarring sound in the vicinity of the couches.
> A more aggressive-aggressive way might be to add some weight
> sensors to the couch cushion and back. When someone is putting
> weight on all three cushions but not the back, automatically
> trigger the bamboo spikes / bedbugs / Rammstein (or all three).

You know that you can't solve a social problem with a technical solution
no matter how hard you try, right?

I can tell you from experience it is not working at all. If it does a
hacker will find a way to bypass that and do what is intended to be
prevented by that system.

In this specific case i think the mentioned 3 ppl listening to someone
opposite is a good "false positive". Also 3 ppl working on their
notebook would usually lean forward. Also someone sleeping on the couch
will usually just put weight on 2 of the cushions (legs don't have that
much weight).

Also at some point - next summer maybe - you might have guests that stay
at NB over night again which are wanted and/or invited.

So i strongly suggest using meredith's approach: Talk to ppl sleeping
there and tell them that noisebridge is not a hostel.

Greetings from Hamburg

mc.fly ....