[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking low-cost cell phone alternative(s)

Mario Landau Holdsworth mariolh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:13:07 UTC 2010

Google Voice is a pretty good option.You can set it up to forward your calls
to wherever you are (according to time and day of the week) and long
distance is free. It also sends and receives texts.

 Depending on your income you could get Lifeline (a landline) for $5 a month
and then use Google Voice for long distance. That might save you $95 dollars
a month vs. some kind of world-obliterating smart phone made from Tantalum
mined in the Congo, "recycled" in burning fires by kids in Asia. It also
cures your future brain cancer, loss of sperm, your social A.D.D., and those
phantom cell phone vibrations in your leg.

Hope that helps,

Mario