[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Frantisek is going to stop living at Noisebridge starting tonight.

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Wed Nov 17 19:53:09 UTC 2010

I did.  I was being facetious.  But isn't that what is being said?  Isn't
that what he is being called?

My point being, obviously this guy is working very hard and is an active
member of the community, paying or not.  He's running projects, keeping them
clean, keeping the place clean, he's not disturbing anyone.

It's the beef that he is setting a bad example?  Is the fear that NB is
suddenly going to be inundated with people that follow in his foot steps:
being overly nice, doing good work, hacking on cool shit, and then crashing
on a couch?

It just seems to me Frantisek is a scape goat and that the anger over
Llama<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=llama&defid=1458855>is
being displaced on to him.  Where is the excellence in that?

My personal perspective of NB, he is as molded for NB as is anyone else.
More than me at least, and no one has told me to get off a fucking couch.

Is it habitual?  How does that matter?

How do you run a 24 hour hacker space, then put limits on how long a person
stays there?

Is it theft for him to not pay rent, here?  Is it theft that people running
a legitimate business and making profits off of work done here aren't also
paying rent?

Is it a problem, legally? I think that is the only valid concern.

Well, all concerns are valid, but I think that is the most universal one.