[Noisebridge-discuss] Wiki spam

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Thu Nov 18 19:55:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> I'm not happy with the idea of disallowing anon edits, although I won't
> rule it out categorically.

FWIW I think LE's idea of having an 'official' anon account is fairly
reasonable, barring nonobvious information leaks or cross-user CSS
type issues..

> Obviously offsite links by anon editors are, shall we say, highly
> suspect.  Seems like a spam filter of some kind is in order; anybody
> have experience with them and want to help set on up for Noisebridge?

I've used Akismet and found it to be extremely effective. There's a
free WordPress plugin for it, at least; I don't know either way re. a
way to hook it in to MediaWiki. But they do have API documentation so,
worst case, one could be written.

- Sai