[Noisebridge-discuss] meeting notes 2010-11-23 (SHOW ME THE MONEY edition)

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:12:45 UTC 2010

I have an additional I-likey-tha-cash idea too:

Can there be additional levels of affiliate membership that cost more?
Actually, for that matter, maybe affiliate membership should be pushed a
little more in general? My personal notes:

I'd be cool to apply to be a full member, but I don't really want to have to
deal with the whole waiting in limbo dillio. In addition, I don't really
mind not having the ability to block consensus because I'm not a member.
However, I love noisebridge, and want it to stick around for ever and ever
and ever and ever. Lastly, I'm at noisebridge maybe once or twice evry other
week, so I don't feel that I'm a super heavy user of the space, but I feel
that I am totally a regular user.

Typically, I'd been throwing cash in the bowl when I came in the space,
because I completely forgot affiliate membership even existed (perfect for
someone like me from the above description, do peeps agree?). However, I
just signed up to be an affiliate member, but I think it'd be awesome to
give something like $30/mo to the space instead of the $20 I'm currently
signed up for. In fact, I'd also totally consider doing $40/mo to be an
affiliate.

Note: I'd feel bad signing up to be a starving hacker because I'm not
starving. Therefore, I feel its wrong for me to get the privliges of a full
member that pays $80/mo given that I can afford $80/mo, but am choosing not
to pay for it.

Anyways, in sum...can we push affiliate membership more and maybe add a
$30/mo and $40/mo plan?

Hugs and kisses and turkey farts,
Sean