[Noisebridge-discuss] Thanksgiving evening at Noisebridge

Lilia Markham liliakai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 21:04:38 UTC 2010

Here is the recipe for last night's apple pie.

Easy Apple Pie

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:

12 tablespoons cold butter (= 1 1/2 sticks = 3/4 cup butter)
2 cups plain white flour
3 tablespoons of cold water

Cut the cold butter up then mash it into the flour until you have a crumbly
mixture with no large lumps.   Add the cold water and mix all into a big
smooth ball.   Cut the ball in half and make two balls.   Pat out the balls
on a floured cutting board or wax paper to make two round pie crusts.
Place one crust in your pie plate and save the other for the top crust.

Filling

5 cups of chopped fresh apples
1/2 cup sugar
2 heaping tablespoons plain white flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of cinnamon

Pour the apples on top the bottom crust and spread them out.   Mix the
sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon well then spinkle the mixture over the
apples.    Gently lay the top crust over the apples and use your thumb and
forefinger to pinch the bottom and top crusts together all around the
pieplate.    Pierce the top crust with a knife so that steam can
escape.   Bake
the pie for 75 minutes at 350 degrees until the crust is browned and
piejuice is bubbling up through the knife slits.   (Check the
pie at 60 minutes to make sure it is not burning.)

Serve with hot coffee and cold vanilla cream.  Heaven.