[Noisebridge-discuss] interesting projects

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Nov 30 20:29:55 UTC 2010

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org writes:

> He then went on to remind me that his marginal (top tier) electrical
> costs are six times lower (in TX) than ours.  So it'd be six times more
> valuable here than there, and he figures it could pay for itself in a
> year down there.

This might be a bad thing ecologically, but I have wondered whether
someone could make money by arbitraging electricity between utility
customers who are paying different rates.  I haven't tried to
calculate whether this is plausible, though.  (It's obviously
plausible between households in different housing units in the same
building, using extension cables.)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.