[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Mission

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Oct 4 16:12:37 UTC 2010

I've seen several discussions regarding Noisebridge's mission and comments
about "what fits into Noisebridge."  When I first became a member, I was
looking for a clearly defined document/wiki/stone tablet/anything that
actually stated what Noisebridge was.

I found the wiki with a phrase like this:

> Noisebridge is a space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research,
development,

> mentoring, and of course, learning. Noisebridge is also more than a
physical space,

> it's a community with roots extending around the world.

> TL;DR: We make stuff. So can you.

Is this the Mission Statement that summarizes what Noisebridge is
definitively? Is this the 'ruler' that is used to measure how "noisebridgy"
something is?

I just want to know so that I can always be sure that I use the space as it
is intended. I, for example, attend classes and discussions and have lead a
few classes and discussion. We don't "make physical things," but we clearly
share a lot of information freely with each other. I'm assuming (asking) if
this is part of the Noisebridge Mission.

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe