[Noisebridge-discuss] Bridging my unused eth0 interface...

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:50:38 UTC 2010

  The list seems to be less exciting lately so I thought I'd
  stir the pot a bit...

  I am setting up LXC containers on my laptop. I always use
  wifi, never the ethernet port; eth0 sits there unused all the
  time. Can I bring it up even without plugging a cable in to
  it, add it to a bridge and use it to communicate with the LXC
  containers? That would be cool.

  According to my reading, bridging wifi in Linux is a mess.

  Have any of you tried to get an Ubuntu 10.04 container to give
  you a prompt? There are many subtleties to it; I'm not sure if
  `init' even works if it's actually hung.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/