[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone have a couple computers to donate?

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Wed Oct 13 19:14:03 UTC 2010

Hey,

A little off-topic from specifically Noisebridge, but another 501c3 in San
Francisco is seeking two computers to be donated.

The 501c3 is Up on Top, and works out of the Unitarian Church to provide
after-school activities to kids, primarily from the adjacent Tenderloin
district.
Two of their kids have asked them if they could get computers, and I was in
turn tapped to ask if Noisebridge or anyone in its community might have a
couple to spare.

They already have some monitors, apparently, and are just looking for the
computers themselves.  Not being tech savvy people, the request specifics
are vague -- but assume something that's no older than 3 years, and bonus
points for Windows licences.

If someone has a computer or two to donate, there are a couple kids who
would be extremely thankful.  The donation would be to them directly, and as
stated, they are a 501c3 as well, so any tax deductions would be the same.
 If Noisebridge ourselves have a couple spare computers (I don't honestly
know), then also awesome -- we are allowed to transfer assets to other
501c3s, or give them directly to the kids, as it fits with our mission.

Feel free to reply on or off list.

Thanks!

Jeffrey