[Noisebridge-discuss] Bedbug eradication: who's in?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 08:12:41 UTC 2010

So buried in a couple of other threads, I made two comments.  A few folks
responded.

I have a tool - a steamer - which kills insects living in things by pretty
much boiling them.  There is no such thing as developing a resistance or
tolerance to being boiled alive, so I have a high degree of confidence that
no matter how highly evolved any bedbugs that may be in Noisebridge may be,
they cannot survive this treatment.  It also has the added bonus of relying
on only one chemical, the universal solvent, to destroy the buggers, which
conveniently is automatically delivered to the space.  I also hear that it's
completely harmless to humans, even the ones with allergies, unless
deliberately ingested improperly.

So I'm happy to bring my steamer to Noisebridge and help eradicate the
bedbug problem, so long as it's not my own crusade.  It sucks working alone,
especially in a place that's supposed to be as happy-fun-work-together sort
of space as Noisebridge.

To that end, if I can get 3 or 4 people to commit to a mutually agreeable
time in helping me engage in this bedbug eradication scheme, we can stop any
potential bedbugs in their tracks.

(And incidentally kill any related drama on the list, although that's never
a guarantee.)

Christie
_______
But wait... there's no FCC on the moon!