[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Hippie Apocalypse

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 23:35:37 UTC 2010

Last night in my slumber, I was visited by a singularly horrifying and
bizarre nightmare. In my dream, as I sat up absorbed in some
late-night kernel hacking at Noisebridge, I was approached by two
homeless hippies. The first introduced himself by some stupid
quasi-religio-artistic hippie name, explaining that since he had found
this wonderful "resource", he was making it his duty to liven up the
space with other homeless hippies like himself.

I groggily suggested the "resource" was mainly intended for hacking on
projects, and did he have a project he was interested in? Oh yes, he
beamed; the "clothing exchange" was his project; a place where filthy
hippies can get off the street and root through piles of
patchouli-stained rags! Horrified, I turned to leave, but froze in my
tracks at what I heard next. "I just handed out 150 stickers for this
place at Dolores Park," he whispered to his guitar-playing companion.
"They'll start turning up soon enough! AND - the people here LOVE
music."

When I woke up I knew immediately what I had to do. ZERG-BRIDGE! COME
BACK AND RESCUE US! PLEASE FILL THIS SPACE WITH DECENT GAMING FOLK
CONTINUOUSLY BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND LUNCHTIME EVERY DAY! DON'T LET US
BECOME THE NEXT ALTAMONT!

Stay tuned for the next episode of Misanthropic Hacker, wherein I beg
the hippies to come back and fight off an infestation of crack-heads;
then subsequently re-invite the crack-heads to deal with an attempted
takeover by MS Access developers.