[Noisebridge-discuss] Ongoing Thursday Arduino workshops at Noisebridge, starting 11-November

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 01:10:30 UTC 2010

After the success last night of our first Arduino workshop at Noisebridge, we will be holding regular Arduino workshops at Noisebridge starting Thursday 11-November.

These workshops will teach the basics for people who know nothing, and can help bring beginners to the next level.  The workshops will also be a place for people with their own projects to come and receive help from more experienced folks.

Anyone can learn to use this very easy, powerful, fun-to-use, open-source tool that can help bring your electronics or art project from a mere idea to reality.  Arduino is designed for people with no electronics background to get up and running with only about 90 minutes of instruction.

Each week there will be new Arduino projects that are designed for people to learn from by making them.

These workshops are open to anyone and everyone.

What: Arduino workshop
When: Thursday, 1-November, 6:30pm  --  and ongoing on Thursdays
Where: Noisebridge -- 2169 Mission St., 3rd floor
Who: Anyone and everyone can have fun learning Arduino. Ages 8 to 100
Cost: Instruction is free,
We will have kits available -- we request reimbursement for parts cost (between $20 and $45, depending on the desired kits(s) )

Instructor:  Michael Shiloh.  Michael has years of experience teaching people of all ages to make things with electronics -- at The Crucible, Noisebridge, Maker Faires, the Exploratorium, and schools.